Rules And Regulations
Effective as of May 1, 2020
1. Fines for Violations.
Subject to the terms of each respective client’s office services agreement (“OSA”), PrimeWork, in its sole and absolute discretion, shall have the right to assess each client in violation of these Rules and Regulations, upon five days’ notice of the violation, such violation not being cured, a fine for each day the violation remains uncured. Please refer to the current PrimeWork Fee Schedule available on the client portal for fee information. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, in lieu of, or in addition to, PrimeWork also reserves the right to declare a default under a client’s respective OSA for any violation of the Rules and Regulations herein, subject to the terms of each client’s respective OSA. Such fine shall be collectable as provided in client’s OSA.
2. Client Improvements
- (a) All third parties engaged by any client to perform work or provide services on its behalf (other than on an occasional or incidental basis) in or around the Location or the Office Building, must carry the commercial general liability, worker's compensation and automobile insurance required under the terms of Client’s OSA and to comply with the requirements of the OSA applicable to such insurance (such as naming PrimeWork and any other required parties as additional insureds under the commercial general liability policy and providing the required certificates of insurance to PrimeWork).
- (b) Client shall not mark, paint, drill into, cut, string wires within, or in any way deface any part of the Office Building, without the prior consent of PrimeWork, and as PrimeWork may direct.
- (c) Client shall not install any artwork that could give an artist or any other party a right under applicable Law to prevent removal of the same.
3. Common Areas.
- (a) The Common Areas shall not be obstructed by any of the clients or used by them for any purpose other than for ingress to and egress from their respective premises. Such Common Areas include, but are not limited to, all hallways, entrances, exits, staircases, stairwells, foyers, and vestibules. Except in cases of emergency, invitees, licensees, employees, agents, clients, and patients are prohibited from accessing and using the stairwells.
- (b) Clients are expressly prohibited from using any Common Area as a “waiting area” for their invitees, licensees, employees, agents, clients, and patients. Clients shall not place personal property in any Common Area or cause personal property to be placed in any Common Area.
- (c) The Common Areas are not for the general public, and PrimeWork shall in all cases retain the right to control and prevent access thereto of all persons whose presence in the judgment of PrimeWork would be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation, and interest of the Office Building and its clients; provided that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent such access to persons with whom any client normally deals in the ordinary course of its business, unless such persons are engaged in illegal activities or activities otherwise disruptive to PrimeWork or other clients. PrimeWork reserves the right to prevent access to, or remove or expel from the Office Building any person who, in the judgment of PrimeWork is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs, or who shall in any manner do any act in violation of any of these Rules and Regulations.
- (d) Canvassing, soliciting, distribution of handbills, or any other written material and peddling in the Office Building are prohibited, and each client shall cooperate to prevent the same.
- (e) No animals (except for service animals) shall be brought or kept in the Location, Office Building, or any of the Common Areas.
4. Restricted Use of Location.
Clients shall not use or occupy the Location or the Office Building or permit any portion of the Location or the Office Building to be occupied for any use other than the use permitted in the client’s respective OSA. The Location shall not be used for the storage of merchandise held for sale to the general public, for manufacturing of any kind, or for lodging. No cooking shall be done or permitted on the Location except that private use by Client of approved microwave ovens, equipment for brewing coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and similar beverages shall be permitted, provided that such use is in accordance with all Laws. If Client uses the Location after regular business hours or on non- business days Client shall lock any entrance doors to the Office Building or to the Location used by Client immediately after using such doors.
5. Janitors; Cleaning of Location.
No client shall employ any person or persons other than the janitor of PrimeWork for the purpose of cleaning its Location unless otherwise agreed to by PrimeWork in writing. Except with the consent of PrimeWork (which consent may be withheld in PrimeWork's sole discretion), no person or persons other than those approved by PrimeWork shall be permitted to enter the Office Building for the purpose of cleaning the same. No client shall cause any unnecessary labor by reason of such client's carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness. Client shall promptly notify PrimeWork of any carpet or wall stains requiring attention. Janitor service will not be furnished on nights when rooms are occupied after 6:00 p.m. unless, by agreement in writing, service is extended to a later hour for specifically designated rooms.
6. Care of the Location.
Client shall ensure that the doors of the Location are closed and locked and that all water faucets, water apparatus, and utilities are shut off before Client or Client's employees leave the Location so as to prevent waste or damage, and for any default or carelessness in this regard, Client shall make good all injuries sustained by other clients or occupants of the Office Building or PrimeWork. On multiple-tenancy floors, all clients shall keep the doors to the Office Building corridors closed at all times except for ingress and egress. The toilet rooms, toilets, urinals, wash bowls, and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they are constructed, no foreign substance of any kind whatsoever shall be thrown therein, and the expense of any breakage, stoppage, or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the clients who, or whose employee(s) or invitee(s), shall have caused it.
No client shall copy keys provided to client by PrimeWork at the beginning of the term. No client shall alter any lock or install a new or additional lock or any bolt on any door of its premises. Each client upon the termination of its lease shall deliver to PrimeWork all keys to doors in the Office Building. Should Client install a locking system that requires a code, such code shall be provided to PrimeWork in writing, and all subsequent changes to the code will be provided in writing twenty-four (24) hours prior to such change taking place.
8. Deliveries; Transporting Materials.
PrimeWork shall designate appropriate entrances for deliveries or other movement to or from the Location of equipment, materials, supplies, furniture, or other property, and Client shall not use any other entrances for such purposes. PrimeWork must have approved all means or methods used to move equipment, materials, supplies, furniture, or other property in or out of the Office Building prior to any such movement. PrimeWork will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any such property from any cause, and all damage done to the Office Building by moving or maintaining such property shall be repaired at the expense of Client. Client shall move all freight, supplies, furniture, fixtures, and other personal property only at such times as PrimeWork may designate. Unattended vehicles will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
9. Restricted Access to Certain Areas.
No client shall use any method of heating or ventilation or air conditioning other than that supplied by PrimeWork. Space heaters and window-installed air conditioners are prohibited. Client shall not obstruct, alter, or in any way impair the efficient operation of PrimeWork's heating, ventilating, electrical, fire, safety, or lighting systems, nor shall Client tamper with or change the setting of any thermostat or temperature control valves in the Office Building outside of Client’s Location. Client shall not enter the mechanical rooms, air conditioning rooms, electrical closets, janitorial closets, or similar areas or go upon the roof of the Office Building, except without the prior consent of PrimeWork, and as PrimeWork may direct. No client shall install any radio or television antenna, loudspeaker, or other device on the roof or exterior walls of the Office Building.
10. Windows, Exterior Walls.
No curtains, draperies, blinds, shutters, shades, screens, or other coverings, hangings, or decorations shall be attached to, hung, or placed in, or used in connection with, any window of the Office Building. Such items shall be installed on the office side of PrimeWork's standard window covering and shall in no way be visible from the exterior of the Office Building. Client shall keep window coverings closed when the effect of sunlight (or the lack thereof) would impose unnecessary loads on the Office Building's heating or air condition systems. Client will not place objects on window sills or otherwise obstruct the exterior wall window covering.
11. Waste Removal.
Each client shall store all its trash and garbage within its premises. No material shall be placed in the hallways or in the trash boxes or receptacles if such material is of such nature that it may not be disposed of in the ordinary and customary manner of removing and disposing of building trash and garbage in the locale without being in violation of any law or ordinance governing such disposal. All garbage and refuse disposal shall be made only through entryways provided for such purposes and at such times as PrimeWork shall designate. Each client shall comply with any and all Laws regarding recycling.
12. Use of Electronics and Machinery.
Client shall not use in the Office Building any machines, other than standard office machines, such as desktop computers, laptop computers, smart phones, smart tablets, copying machines, and similar machines, without the prior written approval of PrimeWork. All office equipment and any other device of any electrical or mechanical nature shall be placed by Client in the Location in settings approved by PrimeWork, so as to absorb or prevent any vibration, noise, or annoyance. Client shall not cause improper noises, vibrations, or odors within the Office Building. No television, computer, telephone, radio or similar device shall be played in such a manner as to cause a nuisance to any other client.
13. Exterior of Office Building.
Client will keep all doors opening to the exterior of the Office Building, all fire doors, and all smoke doors closed at all times. Client shall not park or attach any bicycle or motor driven cycle on or to any part of the Location or Office Building.
14. Notices to PrimeWork.
Except in a case of emergency, the requirements of clients will be attended to only upon written notice made pursuant to a client’s ‘Notice’ provision of their respective lease. In the event a client’s lease is silent on the matter of notices, the requirements of clients will be attended to upon receipt of written notice to the Office Building Manager.
To the extent any of one or more rules in these Rules and Regulations are deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, whether certain specific Rules and Regulations are deemed unenforceable as to one specific client or whether certain specific Rules and Regulations are deemed unenforceable to all clients, such Rules and Regulations not deemed unenforceable shall remain in effect as to all clients subject to these Rules and Regulations.
PrimeWork may waive any one or more of these Rules and Regulations for the benefit of any particular client or clients, but no such waiver by PrimeWork shall be construed as a waiver of such Rules and Regulations in favor of any other client or clients, nor prevent PrimeWork from thereafter enforcing any such Rules and Regulations against any or all of the clients of the Office Building.
- (a) This is a non-smoking facility. All individuals are prohibited from smoking within the confines of the Office Building.
- (b) There shall not be used in any space, or in the public halls of the Office Building, either by any client or others, any hand trucks except those equipped with rubber tires and side guards or such other material handling equipment as PrimeWork may approve. No other vehicles of any kind shall be brought by any client into the Office Building or kept in or about its premises.
- (c) These Rules and Regulations are in addition to, and shall not be construed to in any way modify or amend, in whole or in part, the agreements, covenants, conditions, and provisions of any client’s lease.
- (d) PrimeWork reserves the right to modify the foregoing and promulgate such other rules and regulations as PrimeWork may from time to time decide are needed for the safety, care, or cleanliness of the Office Building, for the preservation of good order therein, or as changed conditions or particular circumstances may require.